Thursday, 30 April 2015

Magazine Ad: Teaser 1


Lyric Booklet: Front and Back Panels



front and back panels of the lyric booklet

CW: Audience Feedback

We showed a group of year 12s our rough cut and digipak, which you can see here:




We also handed out sheets, and requested they fill them in, you can see the sheets here:



And requested they fill them in, and then we collected the sheets and got these results:


After collecting these results, we needed to collate them, which we did and the results are in this table:




Our full results can be seen here:

CW: Rough Cut 4

This is our 4th Rough Cut for Bad Romance



Since RC3, we have improved the newspaper background further, even adding fake newspaper headlines in the background.
We have also added in an improved makeover scene. And improved the shakiness of the footage in bradford.

Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Lyric Booklet: Draft 1

Although the front and back page is not yet complete. This is what I have created so far for the pages inside the lyric booklet.








Sunday, 26 April 2015

Facebook Audience Feedback 1


This is some of the audience feedback I have collected from Facebook, we thought that facebook would be good as it is mostly aimed at our audience however I also have a lot of people on my faceboko that are older than our target audience 15-24 and are part of our secondary audience 25-44.














Saturday, 25 April 2015

Magazine Conventions


This is some of the magazine ads that we looked at in order to get some inspiration. we noticed common conventions such as tour dates being near the bottom, also the artists name taking up a lot of space on the poster itself and it usually being a bold and bright font. This also including website URLS as well as record companies and sometimes digipaks 



















Friday, 24 April 2015

Digipak: Draft 6

Within this I have made some very minor tweaks such as:

  • moving the 'universal' logo around
  • moving the catalogue number
  • moving the title
  • moving the artist name 

CW: Rough Cut 3

This is our third video rough cut:


Since RC2, we've improved on the background for the newspaper performing gaga and changed the final performance section and improved the clomping of the heels within the dievetic intro which also features General hubbub

Alongside this, General audio improvements have been made, including making the switch from diegisis more pronounced and added in some more cutaway shots!

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Digipak Draft 5

Within this I have made some very minor tweaks such as:

  • reducing the font size of 'Scandal Us' 
  • Adding timings with the red lipstick colour therefore linking the front and back panels further
  • deleted the 'Gagas' out of the spine and re-alligned the text


Sunday, 19 April 2015

Digipak: 3rd Draft

Within this edit of the unpdated digipak, i have:

  • changed the font on the front cover of scadal us
  • made some stickers and placed them in an appropriate space
  • made more than one so audience feedback can dictate which one gets used
  • added a catalogue number to the spine
  • added icons to the social media handles and got rid of long un-user friendly urls
  • changed the font of the legal small print to something more legible 
  • changed the placing of the text on the front
  • added dvd logos as well as company logos

















Thursday, 16 April 2015

Digipak: Stickers

Today I made some stickers for the front panel of the digipak. I made these in photoshop, this was performed in a series of steps. Below are some examples of what I created.



Born this way unicorn used and red colour from lipstick on front



the unicorn is also the logo for her 'littlemonster' fan site



These are the steps I took to create these stickers:








Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Instagram - Audience Research #GlobalGaga

we got our instagram followers to tell us where they were located to see if we really were as global as we thought we were an the answer was yes we are!!





 




Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Screen Recording Software - Snagit

We used some screen capturing software known as Snapgit, this was very useful when we needed to show certain processes and steps we had taken in order to create our final pieces.


Snagit software

Monday, 6 April 2015

Friday, 3 April 2015

Digipak: Inner Panel Right Hand Side Complete

This is my finished Warhol piece for the inner right hand side panel of the digipak


To create this look I took a series of steps and followed 2 different tutorials. One initially to make the Warhol style and then another to make the grid and using the different colours and placing them all together.


This process started by


selecting the image
choosing a new layer turning it white and placing it underneath the background layer to make it the new later the background layer.

Thursday, 2 April 2015